Do you guys remember that quote from Nursery/KG, “ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY”?
Well here is my two cents, adding to the above quote that says: TOO MUCH PLAY CAN ALSO SLAY.
Hear me Out, What I mean by that is- anything extreme, anything or any activity done in extremes can slay your life and its contents.
Likewise, Gambling, being a fun, recreational activity, if done in an uncontrolled manner, irresponsibly, can destroy a person along with his/her family and career, and health.
The effects of Irresponsible/Problem Gambling (INSERT LINK HERE_PROBLEM GAMBLING) are such that people are pushed to the edge before they realize what hit them.
Therefore, it is imperative to realize that gambling should be done responsibly.
So, how do you gamble responsibly, let’s get you to understand the following topics on responsible gambling to help you guys navigate through life in a more controlled, fun yet Non-regretting way?
We will be covering the topics-
What is Responsible Gambling/Healthy Gambling?
What is the impact of gambling responsibly?
What are the strategies for gambling responsibly?
WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING/HEALTHY GAMBLING?
Responsible Gambling, also known as Healthy Gambling, is a way of gambling that is characterized by controlled and more aware behavior patterns that prevent the chaos that problem gambling is.
Responsible gambling is the practice of gambling in a manner that is socially responsible and ensures that the activity is undertaken in a way that does not create financial, legal, or another type of harm to the gambler, their family, or their community.
Responsible gambling is an important issue for both the industry and the public. It is important for the industry to ensure that gambling is conducted in a responsible way that minimizes the risk of harm to the gambler, their family, and society.
It is important for the public to have access to information on responsible gambling, and to have the means to access help if they or someone they know is affected by problem gambling.
Gambling is an act of betting something of value on the account of gaining more in return.
What we fail to understand is that gambling/betting is a risk-taking activity that involves an uncertain outcome based totally on luck, probability as well as skill.
So a lot of the time, you’ll lose and it would be frustrating and disheartening which could potentially lead you to indulge more and more in betting in hopes that there will be that one chance where it will compensate for all the losses gained.
Is it worth it?
Aren’t the human species considered the most intelligent of all species? (319 WORDS)
So why do we keep making the same mistakes for years and years now?
There is a lot of confusion regarding the term responsible gambling, as it has not been defined with much clarity, it is still open to interpretations.
Where did the term “Responsible Gambling” originate from?
Historically, the term “Responsible Gambling” originated from the gambling-industry-based code of conduct, which emerged as a consequence of societal pressures as well as government pressures for creating a healthy and safe space for gamblers to protect them from problem gambling.
The Gambling Industry designed and issued certain codes of conduct for casinos and other various gambling halls, etc. to follow, which would help create a healthy form of gambling to prevail in the community.
And that’s how the term “Responsible gambling” made its place in the community.
THE BENEFITS OF RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING/ IMPACT OF RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING
Responsible Gambling has a lot of benefits, be it to society or the government, or the person gambling.
Let’s read about the impact of Responsible Gambling:
- Responsible Gambling leads to a more happy life as studies show that people who gamble responsibly are more so fulfilled and happy than people who did not involve in any risk-taking fun activities.
- Responsible Gambling helps you with Socializing in a more effective manner.
- Responsible Gambling keeps the Brain active, aware, and healthy.
- Responsible Gambling improves your mental skills and understanding to better cope with things even outside of gambling games.
- And above all, Responsible Gambling helps people with addictive tendencies.
It makes one learn to control their need to over-indulge in gambling.
STRATEGIES TO KEEP IN MIND FOR GAMBLING RESPONSIBLY
Here are a few strategies to keep in mind for gambling responsibly-
- Rule number one to gambling responsibly is to never see it as anything beyond a fun activity. Gambling should never be treated as a source of income.
- Rule number two for gambling responsibly includes never being too emotionally invested in a game that’s just a pastime.
- Rule number three for gambling responsibly includes never indulging in any game of chance while you’re intoxicated or drunk.
- Rule number four for gambling responsibly is to know the risks and dangers of gambling.
- Rule number five for gambling responsibly includes knowing about your addictive tendencies and the history of any form of addiction that you or your family line might be prone to, as genes do affect your chances of inheriting the addictive traits.
- Rule number six is never to play or indulge in the game of chance if you feel you’re not in a mentally healthy place.
- Rule number seven for healthy gambling is to never chase wins or losses as it is just a part of the game.
Approximately, 50-60 percent of the world’s population are gamblers.
The amount of problem gamblers is much higher for males than females in whatever gambling game you talk about.
The mid-age adults are at much higher risk of problem gambling as the earnings and income of an average human is at their peak in middle age, so chances are that they will gamble recklessly as they wouldn’t run out of money that easily daily leaving themselves prone to a mid-life crisis and not having enough saved for future emergencies.
So, I urge you to be aware while indulging in such temptations as too much gambling can cause adverse effects not just to you, but everybody around you.
Remember, MODERATION IS THE KEY!